Monday, September 22, 2008

Volleyball


So last year, as a freshman, I made our varsity team for volleyball, didnt really play a whole lot but you know...i made it. So this year, volleyball started and was getting about to that time when the coaches anounce who has made varsity, and i kinda figured I had made it you know, because I made it last year, but I still wasn't so sure. So during practice one day, our coach annouced it and I had made it, but later on in that practice was the best part...I WAS GOING TO BE STARTING!! I was so excited! We started having games and I was starting and playing the entire match and getting quite a few assist sets. Last friday during school, I looked in the paper to see the stats from last nights game when we play Bon Homme. I had 21 assist sets (now this was more than I had ever gotten before and more than our other senior setter had)! Now we have had about 5 regular games and played in a tournament on saturday and I'm starting to get along with the rest of the team better because all of them are at least a year older than I am. Next year, I am hoping that I will be the first setter (this year I am the second setter) because our first setter this year is a senior and will be graduating. Needless to say I am loving volleyball this year!

No comments: